The Village has two of our three cabins available as Pop-Up Shops.
These cabins are approx 2.5m deep x 3.5m wide, and are available for short-term rental.
If you have a budding business, a room full of pieces of art, a sports massage practice, or you sell handmade leather hand bags, this could be the ideal space for you to share your work with the wider community!
Our priority will be for locally made products/ services, and will extend to imported goods provided there is sufficient evidence that you are adding value or it is a unique product.
Food products will only be permitted provided the items are made in a certified kitchen, and you have the appropriate food safety certs. Food prepared or served on site and liquor are not permitted.
If you are interested in renting the space, please take the time to read the info below:
- Rental: For Cabin A, the rental period is Tuesday- Monday. This way you are able to trade over the weekend then take your time with pack down on Monday. Rental is $100 per week (plus GST).
- If you choose to use Cabin A for only part of the rental week, the rental price is the same.
- For Cabin B, rental is available for a whole weeks rental (Mon- Sun) for $100 (plus GST), or Monday- Thursday at the cost of $80 (plus GST).
- And the final option for Cabin B is for the weekend which is a three day rental- Friday through Sunday for $70 (plus GST).
- All rental includes power and is payable a week in advance.
- Your responsibility: You will provide your own padlock to secure the cabin, and ensure that it is removed once your rental period has ended.
- You are responsible for the protection of your stock during it’s time in the cabins. The Village will not be liable for any loss. You will be covered by The Villages’ public liability insurance.
- Unless you are delivering or loading stock, all vehicles associated with operating your cabin will be parked off site, not in The Village car park.
- You may place stock/ props etc in the area directly in front of your cabin on the deck. If it is hot or wet, a 3×3 gazebo can be used on the deck in front of the cabin, but must be weighted down.
- There is to be no food cooked in the cabins or on the decks and no fires on decks or in the cabins.
- Hours of trade can be anytime within (but not necessary the same as) the hours The Village Cafe is open. Please check what these are as they change depending on the season.
- The Village operates on tank water, so any drinking water, or water required for your Pop-Up Shop will be brought with you, not accessed from The Village, unless it is for your final clean.
- You are required to bring in two rolls of toilet paper each week of your rental, (just one roll for Cabin B) which you will put into the disabled/child toilet.
- Lastly, please note that The Village is not responsible for the success of your Pop-Up Shop, and mother nature is not within our control! 🙂
- Bond: There is a bond of $100 (regardless of the amount of time you are renting) which will be refunded after your rental period has ended so long as the following cleaning and rental obligations are fulfilled:
Walls wiped down with a non-abrasive cloth and product;
Windows wiped- no smears left;
Any gravel outside the cabin which has been disrupted by items you placed outside has been made flat and level;
All rental is paid and up to date.
Now that we’re all on the same page, if you’re keen for a Pop-Up Shop space please email email@example.com.
Firstly take a look at our availability by clicking here, then give us the following details in your email:
Business name, your name, business product/ service, whether you wish to rent cabin A or B, and at least two different sets of dates you’d like access to the cabins, your Facebook/ website/ Instagram links, and lastly why you’d like to have a Pop-Up Shop at The Village.
We will take a look over your info, check the calendar, flick you a form to sign which details the above info, and we’ll see if we can make your Pop-Up Shop happen.
Please note the person responsible of managing the rental of the cabins works as a casual, so will not always respond immediately to your emails.